Sunday, November 30, 2025

Top 5 This Week

Related Posts

Exclusive | Lawyer for NYC’s accused dine-and-dash diva asks for psych exam for her — as manager at latest targeted eatery gets order of protection

The lawyer for accused Brooklyn serial dine-and-dash diva Pei Chung has asked a judge for a psych eval for her — while the manager of the restaurant she allegedly last scammed received an order of protection.

“My client seems to be confused about what’s going on. I had a very difficult [time] speaking to her, and I am concerned about her well-being,” Chung’s lawyer, McCarthy Hawkins, told the court at her client’s latest arraignment Saturday.

Chung, a 34-year-old designer-loving wannabe influencer, has had the cops called on her at least 10 times since the end of last month for allegedly dining and trying to dash without paying.

Chung has had the police called on her at least 10 times in the past month for allegedly dining and trying to dash without paying. lu.pychung/instagram

Friday was her eighth arrest: this time for allegedly stealing $149 in food and refusing to pay at trendy Mexican restaurant Mole Bar and Grill in Williamsburg, according to Brooklyn prosecutors.

Her lawyer asked Brooklyn Criminal Court Judge Jung Park to spring the accused Michelin star-loving bandit free on supervised release to “allow her an opportunity to see the doctors on her own,” according to a court transcript.

Chung had been freed after each of her previous arrests.

The suspect bizarrely piped up, “No” at that point during the proceeding — although it’s unclear why.

Pei Chung is seen in a surveillance image from Motorino Pizza in Williamsburg, Brooklyn on Nov. 11, 2025. Obtained by the NY Post

The judge surmised, “I don’t think she wants to do supervised release.

“She just said no, and she left arraignments this past two times without talking to supervised release, and a warrant had to be issued,’’ Park said.

Brooklyn Assistant District Attorney Jordan Rossman requested that Chung be held on $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond “for eating hundreds of dollars of food in restaurants, and then refusing to pay.

Brooklyn Assistant District Attorney Jordan Rossman requested that Chung be held on $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond. lu.pychung/Instagram

“She’s been released onto supervised release and warned not to re-offend, and she keeps doing the same thing,” Rossman said, adding that prosecutors were seeking bail on the typically no-bail theft-of-services crime after she allegedly kept committing it.

The judge ultimately issued an order of protection for the manager of the last restaurant Chung allegedly scammed and locked the suspect up on $4,500 cash bail.

Chung has been held at the Rose M. Singer Center on Rikers Island since.

The judge ultimately issued an order of protection for the manager of the last restaurant Chung allegedly scammed and locked the suspect up on $4,500 cash bail. Gregory P. Mango

Chung’s string of arrests began in late October, when restaurants including Francie, Lavender Lake, Motorino and Peter Luger claimed Chung posed as a food influencer to score meals before allegedly dashing on the tabs.

The manager at Peter Luger claimed that Chung had offered sex for a free meal — while other targeted restaurants said the diner tried scoring free food by saying she’d include their restaurant on her food blog.

Chung — who flaunts Prada heels, Louis Vuitton handbags and Hermes belts all over Instagram — often posted about the pricey dishes on her page in addition to running a mediocre blog reviewing her meals.
She’s expected to next appear in court Wednesday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Popular Articles